Translate

A little story about Donner's Pass from 2010



May 31, st 2010


Made it all the way to California today and went through Donner’s pass for the first time ever. When I first started approaching Donner I started seeing the warning signs for commercial vehicle warning. My first instinct was to relax and remember what I was taught about doing down a mountain. When I first started down Donner the view was priceless. I took my time and stopped at every pull off point to give the truck and trailer brakes a check and time to cool off. After making it to the bottom, I realized to myself that it wasn’t that bad and it gave me more confidence which later led me to become an even better driver.

Being out here on the road is great though I don't have to listen to anyone complaint, it would be nice to have someone around to keep me company. I can't always get what I wish for. For it being my first time in California though I'm really liking it here. The drivers here are even worse than Florida, have to keep on every mirror all the time. Just wish I had someone or a dog with me so I could go do more stuff or go see things with someone and make it something special. I feel like I can't stop thinking sometimes. My mind wonders around every subject whether I'm getting a load tomorrow, family, and friends. Having family and friends is all I need to succeed in being a professional driver. Respect people whom are older than you and take advice when you can get it.

Oh and I received my next load, Cabbage here I come!


Side Note: In high elevations temperatures can get quite chilly. Enjoy it with a nice warm cup of Hot Chocolate!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad

Twitter